Individual and group fundraising efforts cover the cost of the trip each year, with each student asked to raise something in the range of £2000 depending on the institution.
This may cover for example:
- 3-day UK-based induction, led by UK Sport
- 6-week volunteer placement with a Zambian Non-Government Organisation (NGO)
- Return flights, including airport pick-up & drop-off in Zambia
- Accommodation in the IDEALS house, Zambia
- Comprehensive orientation on arrival in Zambia
- Full support of UK Sport Team Leaders and NGO staff based in Zambia
- Vaccinations & Malaria Tablets
- Travel Insurance
- Travel to & from UK airport
*Note, the fundraising target and what this might cover could change depending on the institution.