The Wallace Group has established a strong partnership to help with the effective delivery of development programmes to over 160,000 children each week; and works closely with the Zambian government, and other sport stakeholders to support the delivery of Zambia’s strategy for sport.
• To support the development of long-term mutually beneficial relationships between the UK and Zambia.
• To enhance leadership skills and sports specific developments for Zambian young people, leaders and organizations.
• To build capacity and knowledge sharing between the Wallace Group and Zambian organisations, capturing good practice examples through case studies and reports.
• To provide university students with the opportunity to add value to their degree programme and develop their leadership skills through short term volunteer placements in an overseas environment.
The Wallace Group Ambition:
To work with Sport in Action and it's partners to make a significant contribution to the long term, sustainable development of young people in Zambia.
At all times we will:
• Support SIA to build a sustainable sporting infrastructure of people, facilities and associated services.
• Not assume we know best or seek to impose our solutions on Zambian challenges/problems.
• Provide support and encouragement to Zambians to help them make informed decisions to achieve their goals.
• Seek to build and strengthen the capacity of local people to deliver sporting opportunities for young Zambians.
• Remain focused on the needs of young people.
• Collaborate with UK Sport and through them with other international agencies to ensure our interventions are complementary.